Could Be...'17

Sometimes I will watch videos or read stories and they elicit responses inside me. I watched a social experiment that involved strangers kissing for the first time, but blindfolded. The concept was to see if "feelings" could be conveyed without words. Being a huge proponent of nonverbal communication myself, and a Communication Major, this concept intrigues me. I love seeing what people don't realize they're communicating. Thus, this writ was sparked. It was a vent/flow/purge, but it is what it is.



I wish I could feel you draw me into your space, your hands on my waist, sliding to the small of my back, comfortable, holding me in to you. I would melt slowly, every inch that you took of my defenses, every moment that you stole from my oxygen intake, the way your eyes traveled, on foot, along my curves, up to my face, to linger everywhere, till they finally met my own searching gaze…what do you see? What could you be? What do you want me to be? Do you see me, or just what you want to know of me?

Imagine, feeling my pulse jump in my neck, for the first time in a long while, my little crooked smirk as I try to be cool and not rush anything, but finally feeling you this close, I don’t want to wait. I rest, sitting back against your warm hands, letting you draw in and feeling your lead. I want you to feel how present I am, in this moment, understanding that you made the first move, but that you’re willing to wait till I answer.

And I would answer. Dear Heavens, how I would surge my energy, washing into your kiss, trying to get your lips tingling from the entirety of me flowing through our connection. I would dance with your lips, teasing your tongue, face moving, tantalizing, chasing and pursuing, I want to make your heart jump and begin to pound. I would be an element of nature that you’ve opened a window to. I want to surround and engulf you, I want you to swim in the years of potential I have kept waiting. And you could ask all your questions and feel my answers.

Yes, I want you, Yes, I want this; every answer your lips are seeking, every breath that I interrupt, and it ends with my “Yes”. And you would be mine, and always earning my “yes” breathed upon your skin, moaned against your lips, drawn from my gasps. Your “Yes”. That’s what I could be, in your life.


The only thing left, is to see what you’re willing to ask for. 

Comments