My Practice...


"... Even the darkness is not dark to you, 
the night is as bright as the day, 
for darkness is as light with you." 
Ps. 139:23

I free-handed this back in July, when my soul was in a very dark place. I identify heavily the moon and how she goes through changes and her cycles so gracefully, even if I cannot. She affects so much in this world, quietly, powerfully, and peacefully, knowing that her strength and ability to shine comes from her relationship with the sun.

I can usually hope with my head, even if my heart can't muster the energy to feel what I logically know is true. This ability gets me through a lot of trials; at least till I can finally let go of everything I'm responsible for and God kind of pulls me up into his lap and lets me dissolve into a puddle of frustrated, done-ness.

But I realized, while I'm sitting in the dark in my heart, he's pretty much a big, golden lion curled around me and rumbling, baring his teeth at the dark that encroaches. Or when I'm trying to walk forward in faith, he's literally walking right in front of me holding the branches out of the way while I try my best for him.

He's got day vision and he has walked the path before I even got there, so he can make promises, that he knows he can keep, but he also knows that I've never been down this path before and I get tired, so he gives me grace as I go. How miraculous is that?

So, I'm holding on to the hand of the one who created light and dark, and I know that I'm not alone, even when I can't see the light for myself. I will keep walking till I can see what he sees, and I believe he'll bring me out. Just gotta keep going.

Comments